|Tutorial 3: How to rename files|
Current tutorial shows how to rename files.
For example you need to convert all file names to lower case and insert last modified date in name for all files from the [My pictures] folder.
1. In the Browser browse to the [My pictures] folder and select it by right mouse click or Ins shortcut.
2. Send folder into the Basket. In the main toolbar click the button Send to Basket or use Alt+F5 shortcut.
3. Open Renamer tool. In the main toolbar click the button Renamer or use F12 shortcut.
4. Select files in the Basket. In the main toolbar click the button Invert selection or use Ctrl+A shortcut. This allows you see new files names in the preview pane.
5. In the Renamer tool set All lowercase in the Upper/lowercase groupbox.
6. Click the button [d] Date in the File name mask groupbox. This insert last modified date in the file new name.
7. Click the button Start Rename to start renaming operation.
8. The Renaming progress window will appear. You see progress of operation and statistics of changes in this window. When Rename is completed you see text All files are processed in the status line. So you can close this window.
Quick start tutorial
Replacer: Simple mode
Replacer: Batch mode