|Tutorial 2: How to replace text in files|
Current tutorial shows how to replace text string in several files.
For example you need to change "last updated" date in all documents on the [My Documents] folder.
1. In the Browser browse to the [My Documents] folder and select it by right mouse click or Ins shortcut.
2. Send folder into the Basket. In the main toolbar click the button Send to Basket or use Alt+F5 shortcut.
3. Open Replacer tool. In the main toolbar click the button Replacer or use F11 shortcut.
4. In the Replacer tool choose Simple replace. Simple replace allows to find string which contain old date and replace it to the string with new date.
5. At the Replacer controls pane which situated at right side choose the method Replace [Search Text] with [Replace Text].
6. Type old date "Last updated March 21, 2006" in the [Search Text] field and type a new date "Last updated April 12, 2006" in the [Replace text] field.
7. Select files in the Basket. In the main toolbar click the button Invert selection or use Ctrl+A shortcut.
8. Click the button Start Replace to start replacing operation.
9. The Replacing progress window will appear. You see progress of operation and statistics of changes in this window. When Replace is completed you see text All files are processed in the status line. So you can close this window.
Quick start tutorial
Replacer: Simple mode
Replacer: Batch mode